Questions for Liberals
I think these questions, asked by a RightKlik at Wizbang, are excellent. I hope they don’t mind me posting them in full:
Are there any intelligent, rational liberals? If there are, I’d like to ask you a few questions:
- Liberals asked Americans to hand the keys of government over to the Democrats in order to end the “Culture of Corruption.” In light of the recent antics of Rod Blagojevich, William “Cold Cash” Jefferson, Charlie Rangel and other luminaries, what are liberals saying about the culture of corruption now?
- Liberals do not seem to be bothered by Obama’s associations with the likes of Tony Rezko, Rod Blagojevich, William Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, and Rhashid Khalidi. Why not?
- What do you think about gun control in India as it relates to recent events in Mumbai?
- As part of their strategy to deal with international Islamist terrorism, liberals want to address the greivances of the terrorists. Are liberals familiar with the concept of operant conditioning?
- Most Americans (70% of Republicans, 62% of independents and 55% of Democrats) oppose the auto industry bailout plan, yet Democrats in Congress want to pass a bailout bill anyway. Why?
- How high will the price of energy have to go before you are willing to support drilling in ANWR or expanding the use of nuclear energy and coal?
- What kind of economy would be best for America?
- Obama has stated that he is in favor of tax increases (for reasons of “fairness”) even when they result in DECREASES in revenue for the government. Do you support Obama’s thinking on this issue? What do you know about the Laffer Curve?
- Do you still believe that Obama will increase the tax burden only for individuals making $250,000 or more per year? Are you going to hold him to that promise?
- Liberals support progressive taxation for the purpose of redistribution of wealth. With which other Marxist principles do you agree? With which Marxist principlesdo you disagree?
- Obama has outlined an intentionally vague health care agenda. His health care czar, Tom Daschle wants to push a bare-bones health care bill through congress as soon as possible after Obama is elected. A Federal Health Board would be charged with establishing the system’s framework and filling in most of the details. This independent board would be insulated from political pressure. Does this in any way strike you as undemocratic?
- Liberals have consistently opposed voter identification laws aimed at reducing voter fraud. Why?
- Many Americans (particularly minorities) say that their children are trapped in failing schools. Nationwide, 52% of parents, and 59% of public school parents,support school choice. 87% of black parents aged 26-35 and 66% of blacks aged 18-25 support vouchers. Liberals consistently oppose school choice. Why?
- Obama was asked, “At what point does a baby get human rights?” His response: “…answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade.” Based on his leadership in opposition to the Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act, Obama has demonstrated that he believes that a baby gets human rights at an unspecified time AFTER he or she is born. My question to liberals: is infanticide acceptable?
- Is there anything Obama could do to lose your support? If so, what?
For many supporters, I don’t think there is anything to cause Obama to lose their support.